MBF Therapeutics Inc. (MBFT) is commercializing innovative and humane therapies for the rapidly evolving, high value veterinary oncology market, taking advantage of significant advances in human cancer treatment by adapting therapies proven safe and effective in human clinical studies for use in companion animals.
The veterinary oncology market offers a significant opportunity to introduce disruptive, innovative technologies that will eclipse the existing markets and set a new standard of cancer care for companion animals. Demographics support strong growth potential and demand for effective, safe and more humane therapeutic products for companion animals that increasingly enjoy ‘family’ social status and whose owners routinely spend significant sums on general and specialized veterinary care.
Approximately 2.4% of the nearly 40 million cared-for dogs in the United States develop cancer each year, representing a potential market opportunity approaching $0.5 billion for cancer treatment in canines in the United States alone. Substantial markets for canines in other developed markets, specifically Western Europe, Canada and Japan, are also anticipated. A further market opportunity is expected for felines in these same markets with estimates exceeding $200M for the US alone.
MBFT has in-licensed two develoment-stage, broad spectrum products and assembled an experienced management team, boards and consultants who are executing a plan for rapid commercialization of these assets. The MBFT strategy reduces development, manufacturing, regulatory and commercialization risks by leveraging knowledge and expertise gained from extensive human testing to create new, proprietary animal health products.
We will implement a phased approach to introduce our products into the marketplace, initially through a limited number of leading veterinary institutions designated as Strategic Centers of Excellence (SCOE). Within two years of introduction to SCOEs, MBFT’s marketing will expand to fully penetrate the specialty veterinary hospital population and progressive, high-level general practices. This targeted marketing approach will position MBFT’s products at the high end of the market and will require only a limited number of specialized MBFT sales associates to execute this strategy.
- Fast-track development and regulatory strategies in place with the potential to introduce three commercial products under conditional licenses within three years.
- Products with broad-spectrum activity capable of treating a variety of solid tumor cancers and lymphoma.
- Strong intellectual property based on exclusive licenses to issued US and international patents.
- Commercial manufacturing and supply strategies in place for each product.
- A phased marketing strategy that will provide direct access to broad user networks.
- Significant M&A exit potential in 2 to 5 years with an attractive positive ROI.